Wednesday, July 5

my consumption poetry

this is my call,
nay.
my cry.
my blood-curdling SCREAM.
for a new way,
a new deal.
i hear it.
consume consomme consumere
take devour finish squander gorge
take up completely and for always
it is for me (all of it).
for my in di vi du al it y.
today, "today is the greatest day"
and i hear your answer.
"sustain"
"sustain"able consumptionnnnnnn.

impossibility.
to sustain: to continue, to go on, to hold, to maintain, and for all time.
to consume: to take.
the taking of all, until all you had is gone.
so it must be something
else
something altogether else
for tomorrow
and us
and for earth-connectedness
to protect, to preserve, to use and give back.
it needs a name.
beorgan borgian borwen
borrow

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

if i cannot quench your fire
quel your desire
if you will continue to want
and want
sustainably
forever ...
i will follow behind
and perhaps some day
you will turn round
and see.

No comments: