Saturday, November 3

"You do it to yourself...and that's why it really hurts"



For years I had stomach problems. I dealt with heartburn and acid reflux on a daily basis. At times the pain was so intense, I felt like I was having a heart attack. Then one day, I read that losing weight around the middle would drastically improve gastrointestinal difficulties. I started to replace my sweet pastries with fruits, drink more water and less cola, get 7 hours of sleep instead of drinking 3 cups of coffee, eat reasonably sized meals rather than feasts. I started to expect more of my body; pushed it to become stronger and faster. And one day, the pain stopped. I felt amazing. I didn't need Pepcid or Zantac or Tums or Rolaids or Pepto-Bismol anymore! I was free! So now I only suffer when I do it to myself...and that's why it really hurts.

The commercial above called to mind this excerpt from Bill Maher. As he says, and as I experienced, "diet and exercise don't fail...so ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you".

No comments: