Tuesday, April 8

Almost Haystacks















If (like me) you never have dried shredded coconut in the house (re: "Almost Haystacks"), but you love super easy cookies; this recipe's for you. Since giving birth to Maggie, it is the only sweet treat I have time to make. Another benefit to these cookies is that oatmeal and peanut butter make them more satisfying than regular ol' chocolate chip AND I can pat myself on the back for getting some fibre and protein! (Yes. Drowned in sugar as they may be.)

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
3-3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

1. Add the first four ingredients into a pot.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in next 3 ingredients & drop by tablespoons on greased sheet.
5. Let cool until set.

I keep them in the freezer because hey, now it's a frozen treat!

Original recipe courtesy Jenny White on Recipezaar.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Oi. Maggie is now 2 years old and I'm pregnant with baby Jane. Likely because my baking is mostly for the kid, my sweet tooth has diminished since I wrote this particular post. I just made these cookies with 1 cup of sugar and they were PLENTY sweet enough!