Saturday, April 18

Recently Tested Recipes



Napa Cabbage Slaw - this is Rachael Ray's recipe. I used it as inspiration for the slaw pictured above. You'll also see dried cranberries, sesame and pumpkin seeds. Pretty sure I just drizzled it with sesame oil and it was delicious - oh, maybe add cilantro and a squeeze of lime for some freshness!

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding - Eggs on Sunday posted this recipe from Bon Appetit. I bear an intense amount of gratitude for the invention of this creamy and decadent version of Reese Peanut Butter Cups! Even the anti-pudding crowd is into it (yes Dad, that's you).

Peanut Butter Blondies - The Sneaky Chef came up with Maggie's new favourite snack. I'm always looking for new ways to get vegetables into the girl and this is a good one. I would like to work on decreasing the amount of sugar in the recipe, but for now I follow it exactly as written. Chris and I like them a bit too. : )

Indian-Style Chicken with Pureed Spinach - The recipe I use is from The Healthy Slow Cooker book. It's super easy and delicious. It's full of spinach and tomato but Maggie gobbles it up!

Basmati Rice Pudding - This is another recipe from The Healthy Slow Cooker. Super easy and absolutely delicious! I tried to decrease the amount of sugar, but it didn't taste nearly as good so I'd recommend using the recipe as is.

No comments: