Monday, April 13

Yellow

Who knew I was a solar-powered being? Well, the sunshine's back and I'm rarin' to go. The air smells fresh, the flowers are popping, I've got spring in my step and suddenly I'm smitten with one of the happiest colours I know: yellow!

a. The daffodils in my front yard are fully opened and I'm coveting the blooming forsythia in both my neighbours' yards.

Photo by Caitlin Spencer

b. Liberté Méditerranée Lemon Yogurt!



c. I have a wooden storage bench in our front hall that I'm going to paint yellow. Not sure whether I'll go bold or soft.

Photo by Johanna Sippola


d. Too freshen up the guts of our kitchen cupboards I'm going to rip out the sloppy liners and paint with Lemon Ice. I love the idea of opening a plain white cupboard and uncovering a blast of colour inside; it's similar to the pleasure I get from cutting into a kiwi or a yam.



e. Maggie looks stunning in yellow so I'm keeping an eye on pretty spring/summer toddler clothes. (Thank you Great Grandma for the summery yellow capris!)



f. Of course I'm permanently in love with brass and gold - versions of yellow, yes? So here is something so over-the-top gorgeous that it's just got to be mentioned. A $6,640 honeycomb bracelet. In my dreams, I wear this accessory with my Vera Wang gown and kiss my hubby Hugh Jackman as I graciously accept my Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. (Dear lovely real-life husband, I adore you, even if you can't sing or dance or kill people with your adamantium claws)


No comments: