Sunday, August 1

Marking 30

30 is coming up in 2 months. I want to celebrate big. I thought tattoo. Chris didn't. At that point I began to question my sudden desire to draw on my body. And then I started looking for images of beautiful tattoos. Here are some.


I feel the momentum of this bird in flight. I feel like I'm soaring.


This tattoo on Danish model Freja Beha makes me want to walk taller and lighter.


The loose script of this tattoo perfectly evokes the feeling of love. (lost link)


Magical, pretty and flattering.


Sexy and bold. This woman knows who she is.


Special and personal. The hand of a landscape architect?


Vivid.


A good reminder.

I truly appreciate body art, but have no graphics or images that I connect with that strongly. There would be no need to hesitate if I had something in mind. I don't.

Perhaps it's not a tattoo I'm seeking. I'm drawn to the quality of permanence. I want to commit to something fully and completely. I feel a desperate need to do something remarkable and important to commemorate the last 30 years.

I may just be looking to better define myself. I often wish I could be summed up by a word, an icon or illustration. I wish I fit in a tidy little package. Anal retentive perfectionist : ) ...woman, mother, wife, daughter, sister, cook, photographer, blogger... 30 years old and still getting to know who I am. Sounds about right.

Desperately Seeking Caitlin,
C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you do it in the end? I'm turning 25 the day after I hand in my masters thesis and I want one. All the images you put up are gorgeous :)