Wednesday, July 23

Maggie's Verdict: Natursutten Soother

Mama. I look like a dork.






















Lucky for Maggie, a friend mistakenly ran that soother through the dishwasher (the natural rubber can't handle the heat) and that was the end of our Natursutten Soother. Why lucky for Maggie? Well, Mommy may have forced the issue because she covets the non-toxic nature of the soother. I may have continued giving it to her for a few more weeks, even though it was giving her a nasty rash on cheeks and chin. My little one drools (as do most) and drool + Natursutten = rash.

So, back to soothers with vents in the shield - get air to that irritated skin! Rather than returning to the BPA Avent soothers Maggie's used from 8 weeks (Philips says nothing about BPA in their safety claims, so I just assume...), we tried BPA-free NUK orthodontic soothers from Gerber and rash away! I chose silicone over latex because of the durability of silicone - it doesn't retain odours (or germs) and it's more difficult to chew through, so she's less likely to choke on pieces of soother.

In the end, it's really about what your baby prefers; I guess my little girl prefers cancer soothers.

No comments: