Wednesday, June 3

Heidi Swanson, how I love thee.

For the last week or more, it has been hot in Vancouver. Summer is here and I am still planning meals as if turning on the stove and the oven is acceptable. Tis the season of salads, sandwiches, barbecues, fresh fruit and veg and it's time I get on board!

So what do I do when I completely run out of inspiration? I turn to 101 Cookbooks, to my lady and saviour Heidi Swanson. Heidi is the wind beneath my wings. I love love love everything she touches. I cannot gush enough.



Heidi's recipes are simple, easy, fresh and beautifully photographed. Any night of the week, I can look in my fridge and cupboard, pick two possible ingredients and find a recipe on 101 Cookbooks (note: my spices are well-stocked and I have an herb garden - that makes all the difference). Tonight I've got asparagus, I've got tofu and I want to use coconut milk, so we're going to eat a modified version of Cashew Curry. I'm sure it will be delicious!

Here are a few of my most recent favourites from 101 Cookbooks:
Almost Cheeseless Pasta Casserole
Amazing Black Bean Brownies
Asparagus Stir-Fry

No comments: